Friday, March 27, 2015

Easter Card, Napkin Fold with Serendipity Stamps and Colored Glitter Inlay

 
 Well, I am still among the living and thought I would post this fun card made with Serendipity Stamps and die, an Anna Griffin place mat (what works better for a "napkin fold" card?) and Colored Glitter Inlay belly band. As the card unfolds, it is kind of like going on an Easter Egg hunt! Below is a close up of the belly band and the inside of the card featuring Serendipity Stamps die and stamps.

 
 I used the Colored Glitter Inlay Tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers to make the belly band that features Serendipity Stamps bunny. I also used a Sizzix die to cut the frame from mat board.
There is also a tutorial on doing the Napkin Fold. Just today, I ordered the Accucut die that will make the folds on the napkin fold card for me. While they are not difficult at all to score and fold, getting everything precise can be a little more difficult if you are using thicker paper like the pink base of this card was made from.

 
The pink bow on the left releases the belly band, allowing the card to open up and reveal the inside message.




Below, you can see the filigree edge of the place mat that I used on my four corners on the front of the card.


Hope each of you has a wonderful springtime!

No comments: