Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Handmade Patriotic cards for Fourth of July with Fun Folds


 June is here and before we know it, we will be celebrating Independence Day here in the United States. I thought I would share some of the designs I have come up with. Above and below are cascade cards, one using embellishments from K & Company and the one below, die cuts that I cut. The basic cascade card and the "liner" I cut from printed paper were cut using an Accucut die as was the statue of Liberty. I cut the Statue of Liberty out of a heavy chipboard and using embossing powder on it. I love being able to cut chipboard and multiple sheets of card stock with my Accucut die. I used an Accucut die for weaving strips to cut strips of transparency on which to mount my embellishments.

The card below was cut using a Karen Burniston die from Sizzix and the embellishments are from K & Company. Karen has a video on YouTube showing how to create this starry pop up.


Below is my card in a box card. I used an Accucut die to cut out the card in a box and I hand cut this Statue of Liberty after stamping it. This was a fun card to make. I began it last summer and when it did not get finished in time to mail, I sent them out last week. That is a little early, but I figured since I began them last summer, they were actually late. It is kind of a nice strategy to do the cards a year in advance and have them ready before the holiday is upon us!


Last but not least is this flag card I made using weaving strips I mentioned above. The die comes with these wavy strips and straight strips. Either could be used to create a flag. I might add something more on the front or I might just leave it as is.


I still want to create an Americana Quilt card, but thought I would go ahead an post these now. I am sure you are about finished with the cards you are making as it is only a month away, right? Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments: